|Port Douglas Water Storage and Trunk Water Supply Infrastructure
|Douglas Shire Council
Douglas Shire Council appointed Koppens Developments the project of constructing a 20ML water storage reservoir at a site in Port Douglas. The complete set up of water mains, chlorination system and electrical work was undertaken by Koppens skilled team and qualified subcontractors. In addition, a sealed road was to be laid in order for ease of access to and from the reservoir, this was installed by Koppens own Bitumen division which allowed full control of the outcome.
The Scope of works involved in the construction of the Port Douglas Water Storage Reservoir
- Procurement and delivery of all materials, coordination with the pipe supplier for delivery, unloading, inspection and storage of supplied Items.
- Development and Implementation of Environmental Management Plan, Safety Management Plan and Quality Management Plan.
- Approvals from relevant authorities.
- Environmental management of the work site.
- Provision of traffic management plan and controls.
- Construction set out including the location and protection of all existing services.
- Establishment and disestablishment of the work site.
- Selective clearing and grubbing.
- Stripping of topsoil.
- Earthworks including excavation and filling to required levels.
- Excavation in rock.
- Crushing of rock.
- Construct a new 20ML concrete reservoir.
- Construction of road pavements and bitumen sealed access road.
- Site drainage and environmental protection works.
- Construction of concrete service road and hardstand.
- Design, construct and install new chlorination system including building and dosing system.
- Switchboards, controls, telemetry and associated electrical works.
- Delivery and installation of DN450 & DN600 inlet and outlet trunk mains via open trench construction.
- Delivery and installation of DN800 Enveloper and DN450 carrier pipes utilising trenchless technology (Thrust bores).
- Construction of anchor blocks.
- Construction of flowmeter and valve pits.
- Installation of line sluice valves.
- Construction of scour installation.
- Construction of air valve installation.
- Hydrostatic testing of the new mains to FNQROC and WSAA Standards.
- Coordinate cut-ins and connections to existing mains.
- Restoration and reinstatement of work site.
- As-constructed drawings for all works.
- Handover data.